This course is aimed at commercial property lawyers who have undertaken some joint venture work or those new to this area of property work.
The course explores using case studies and examples from practice how to advise upon and deal with joint venture documentation from the small residential development site to larger site assembly joint venture projects.
Topics examined include:
• The different types of joint venture vehicles
• Acting for the participants or the joint venture vehicle
• Documentation frequently encountered – looking at some drafting issues
• Due diligence and the joint venture process
• Special purpose vehicles and joint venture companies
• What can go wrong and how to deal with problems
• An exploration of relevant case law