A review of all developments in criminal law from statutory change to investigations, law, procedure, sentencing, evidence, costs and legal aid. The session is designed to allow for interaction.
- Statutory developments including the Mental Health (Use of Force) Act 2018
- Appropriate adults and criminal record certificates
- New Code for Crown Prosecutors.
- Motoring Offences: SRA Transparency rules.
- New Criminal Procedure Rules and Criminal Practice Direction
- Reasonable lines of enquiry in disclosure
- PET forms and adjournments
- Defences to crime; lack of capacity
- Criminal law and public order
- Sentencing young offenders
- Sentencing guidelines
- Bad character and hearsay developments
- 13 Litigators’ and new advocates’ fees