Day 1 – 6th June, Day 2 – 7th June & Day 3 – 14th June 2019
Safda Mahmood, Solicitor and Professional Legal Trainer, is accredited to run this 3 day course, which is fully approved by the Law Society. It is an intermediate specialist course for delegates who seek to represent a party in Public Law Children Act proceedings.
This course will be of benefit to those who seek to apply for membership of the Law Society’s Children Law Accredited Scheme. You will have 6 months to submit your application after attending the course.
The 3-day course is designed to enhance your legal knowledge, as well as to ensure that you are familiar with the requirements for membership. It will provide you with tips for good practice, as well undertaking case studies in groups, so as to apply your knowledge to various scenarios.
- Private Children law and Procedure
- Local authority procedures and duties
- Contact and assessments
- Threshold and use of experts
- Human rights issues
- Taking instructions from children and separate representation
- Care planning and Public Law Outline
- Evidence, procedure, advocacy and preparation
- Adoption, Placement Orders and Attachment
- Secure Accommodation
- Complaints procedures and Criminal Injuries Compensation
WHO WILL BENEFIT from attending?
- Chartered Legal Executives
- Local Authority Representatives
- Assistance in putting the theory of private and public children law into practice
- Understand key legislative and case law developments
- Understand key procedural steps
- To become more confident in using case law and legislation
- Improve Confidence and Efficiency in running cases and advocacy
- Understand placement and parallel planning procedures