The course will equip you with a rounded up update on key issues surrounding public children law, with a particular focus on changes throughout 2019.
The course is set at a level to benefit those who are practicing in this field and want to get an update on issues in this field. It will be of benefit to those acting for parents, children, extended family, and local authorities.
The areas to be covered are:
- Contact and Children
- Assessments and Timescales
- Public law Outline and Timetable
- Leave Applications and Secure Accommodation
- Placement Applications and Adoption
- Special Guardianship
- Threshold Criteria
- Key Case Law Update
- Updates on Statutes and Practice Directions
WHO WILL BENEFIT from attending?
- Chartered Legal Executives
- Local Authority Representatives
- Assistance in putting the theory of public children law into practice
- Understand key legislative and case law developments
- Understand key procedural steps and to be ahead of the game
- To become more confident in using case law and legislation
- Avoid common Errors
- Improve Confidence and Efficiency