The world of compliance is constantly changing and as it does the role of the COLP changes with it. The new SRA Standards and Regulations come into force on 25th November 2019 and will see us making many changes in our firms. Are you ready for the new regime? What new systems, policies and procedures are you going to put in place? We will also be faced with changes to other topics in the next year including the 5MLD being implemented into the Money Laundering Regulations. What changes will we have to make for this?
If you are the nominated COLP or deputy COLP this course is for you.
This half day course will cover many areas including:
- Who is the COLP
- What do they do and why does the firm need this compliance officer
- The roles and responsibilities of the COLP
- What policies, procedures and checklists must the COLP have in place
- Introducing compliance checklists and the introduction of self certification
- File reviews – who should conduct them, how often and what to look for
- The collating of information for the reporting of breaches including an incident report form
- Self reporting and the reporting of material breaches to the SRA
- Training of all staff in relation to their role assisting the COLP
- Complaints handling with an update on the Legal Ombudsman (LeO)
- An update from the SRA Risk Outlook 2018/19 including an overview of the eight priority risks
- An overview of the changes in legislation in the next year and how they will impact the role of the COLP