The buy to let market is amongst the growth areas in conveyancing today. The course looks at some of the issues both in relation to the client and the mortgage company in particular, the SDLT changes of April 2016. The Housing and Planning Act 2016 also has major implications for security of tenure. On 1st October 2018 the licensing provisions for houses in multiple occupation undergo major changes in England. The government has also now produced its consultation paper on giving tenant’s increased security of tenure.
Topics covered include:
- Changes to SDLT
- The Deregulation Act 2015
- The Housing and Planning Act 2015
- Reporting to the lender
- Buy to Let in the light of the SRA Handbook
- Houses in multiple occupation
- Licensing of HMO’s and changes to licensing of HMO’s as of 1st October 2018
- Planning issues and change of use
- Obtaining documentation
- Minimum energy performance standards as of April 2018 and its retrospective effect
- Gas Safe Regulations which have major implications for the buy to let market.
- Other regulatory provisions and residency checks
- Renting properties in Wales
- Proposed fundamental changes security of tenure