Conveyancing with the family home involves many difficulties. This course aims to highlight the difficulties and their solutions. The course is useful for both conveyancers and family practitioners.
Topics covered include:
- Obtaining instructions from all clients
- The various declarations of trust available
- Ascertaining money contributions and money laundering implications
- Gifts from parents to children
- Potential undue influence and conflicts of interest between the parties
- Overriding interests and consent forms
- Problems in relation to severance
- Stamp Duty Land Tax and family breakdown
- Transfer of Equity
Seminar kindly sponsored by:
Index Property Information is a unique provider of conveyancing searches and reports to the property industry. By working closely with every Local Authority in England and Wales we are able to provide both Regulated and Council Local Searches as well as all other reports and products required by Solicitors and Conveyancers.