An ability to correctly terminate a lease by the tenant is essential, especially in the retail sector in the current market. In addition, landlords need to be aware of statutory requirements and business rate issues whilst the property is empty. The course aims to look at these issues and suggests solutions.
Topics covered include:
- Exercising break clauses and conditions precedent including recent case law
- Serving the break notice
- Options to renew as opposed to breaks
- Peaceable re-entry and the issues for the landlord
- Statutory requirements and insurance issues whilst the property is empty
- Business rates on empty properties including recent case law