Merseyside Women Lawyers Division are excited to announce their greatly anticipated 100 Years of Women in Law celebration!
2019 will be the centenary of a landmark piece of legislation that classified women as ‘persons’ under the then Solicitors Act and enabled female professionals to practice!
Join the MWLD on Friday 25th January 2019 at 6pm in The Lodge, The Club House, Liverpool One to celebrate the success of women in the solicitors profession over 100 years and to look forward to the next 100 years.
There will be welcome drinks, food, speeches from some leading women from all walks of the legal sector, followed by a party and live music.
Feel free to welcome all your colleagues and circulate around any individuals or firms who you think would want to celebrate with us. MWLD members will receive a reduced ticket price of £15 (up to a limit of 10 people from one firm holding a corporate membership), otherwise tickets are only £20.
Can’t wait to see you there!
There will also be a showcase of the history of women in law, and this is where your help is needed. The Merseyside WLD are looking to hear from firms in the area about their own stories regarding women in the law. Such as:
- When was your organisation established? Tell us a bit about you.
- When did you hire your first female staff member? What role did she hold?
- What year did your organisation recruit its first female trainee/equivalent?
- What year did you firm have its first female associate/equivalent?
- What year was the first female trainee taken on as a solicitor? What area did she qualify in?
- What year did you promote the first woman to senior associate/equivalent?
- What year did you promote your first woman partner/equivalent?
- What year did you recruit in your first woman partner?
- What year did you promote a woman to the management board?
- What year did you have a female managing partner/company secretary/general counsel?
- What year did you have a female senior partner/equivalent?
- Who was your first female business owner and when did this take place?
- What year did you have a female head of office (regional or HQ)?
- What year did one of your female lawyers become a Queen’s Counsel/Judge/Magistrate/Commissioner?
- Which of your female legal professionals have received accolades for services to the law? What was the accolade, why did the individual(s) receive them and when?
Tell us about other ‘female firsts’ in your organisation if they are not covered by one of the questions above.
Please email your information to: email@example.com