The University of Law is holding a lunch discussion on Thursday 17th October at our new campus in Liverpool looking at the SQE and in particular, MCQS and the skills elements in both SQE 1 and SQE 2.
As plans for the SQE evolve, we are keen to continue our engagement with the profession. We would like to invite you to our inaugural interactive lunch briefing here in Liverpool to explore how best to prepare your future trainees to pass the MCQ element of SQE 1 and the skills elements in SQE 1 and 2 and be ready to join your firm.
We will be joined by speakers and facilitators from The University of Law to explore such questions as:
- Update on SQE – where are we now?
- Addressing the skills gap – what skills do your trainees need?
- Exam success – how to prepare for MCQs?
- Preparing for skills assessments – how best to prepare your future trainees to pass the skills elements of SQE 1 and 2? How long will this take?
- SQE 2 – when and how is the best way to take this?
- Getting ready for practice – will the SQE be enough?
- Graduate Apprenticeships – how will this new route to the profession impact your recruitment?
The event will take place at The University of Law on Thursday 17th October from 12:30 pm to 2pm at our new Liverpool campus: The Law and Social Justice Building 2nd Floor, Chatham Street, Liverpool, L69 7ZR.
To reserve your place please email Jamie.Roberts@law.ac.uk by Monday, 14th October 2019. Places will be limited to ensure an informal and engaging discussion. Please book your place early to avoid disappointment. Registration will be from 12 noon and lunch will be provided.