Call for expressions of interest in a number of Government arbitration panels.
The Department for International Trade is seeking suitably qualified people to appoint to rosters of arbitrators for the state-to-state dispute settlement mechanisms within several of the free trade agreements that the UK has signed or that are currently under negotiation.
They are seeking to nominate people to serve on general dispute settlement rosters and specialised rosters for disputes related to financial services, sustainability or labour rights.
Candidates must demonstrate requirement 1 in full and at least one of the requirements from 2 to 5.
1. specialised knowledge of law and international trade with 8 years proven experience in these fields
2. experience as an adjudicator (judge, tribunal member, panellist, arbitrator, mediator) in disputes arising under international agreements
3. experience as lead counsel in a state-to-state trade dispute under the WTO Dispute Settlement Understanding or a free trade agreement
4. experience as an academic teaching and/or researching in the field of international trade law for at least 10 years
5. (for specialised rosters) specific expertise in financial services law or regulation, international environmental law or international labour law (including resolution of disputes arising under relevant international agreements)
To be considered for specialised rosters on financial services, sustainable development and labour, you must demonstrate requirements 1 and 5 as a minimum.
DIT embraces and values diversity in all forms. We welcome and pride ourselves on the positive impact diversity has on the work we do, and we promote equality of opportunity throughout the organisation. We therefore encourage applications from the widest range of qualified individuals.
Deadline for application
The deadline for receipt of applications is 11.59pm on 6 December 2020. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applications, and any queries about this process, should be sent to ArbitratorsEOI@trade.gov.uk.
Find out more about the application process and apply here