Whether you are an established business or an entrepreneur at the early stages of scaling up, it can be difficult to access the in-depth knowledge you need to grow.
The 2018 International Business Festival has the answer in the form of the Knowledge Hub, offering how-to sessions and presentations for businesses that are big on ambition but short on time.
Sessions will be delivered by industry experts and will broadly focus on three key areas:
Leadership, Talent & Skills
Investing in the best people can be one of the most important, and often overlooked, decisions for a business. Hiring the right talent at the start of your business journey is important, but retaining your workforce through growth and transition is equally crucial. Example sessions include:
• Recruiting and retaining a motivated workforce. Leading charity Blueprint for Business gives insight into the importance of having a social purpose and a collective venture management approach.
• Why creatives need to get outside more. The Eden Project leads on an interactive session exploring why creatives can engage with the natural world for business inspiration.
Access to finance
Finding the right finance to help your business scale-up can be a huge hurdle. Of the many funding options that are available, which one is right for your business? The Festival has partnered with the UK Business Angels Association to provide practical snapshots into what kind of financial support will be best for you. Example sessions include:
• Angel investing for women. Female entrepreneurs will learn how to attract investment from Angels, and female investors will learn how to invest in the right businesses.
• Be investible. This seminar will help entrepreneurs make themselves attractive to investors and get an overview of the investing ecosystem.
In an increasingly connected world, businesses have more opportunity than ever to expand into new markets. Knowing where, and how, to start can be daunting. The Festival’s international partners will showcase the latest export opportunities and expansion case studies. Example sessions include:
• Back to basics: Need to know for exporters. HSBC looks at the fundamentals of entering a new market: from cultural barriers to distribution partners.
• Doing business in China, through Shanghai. Invest Shanghai offers an overview of the Chinese market and incentives to invest in Shanghai
The 2018 International Business Festival takes place in Liverpool from 12-28 June 2018. Our members can access an exclusive 20% discount on day tickets and festival passes by visiting www.internationalbusinessfestival.com and using the code FEST11 at checkout.