Celebrating Excellence: Law Society Announces Distinguished Legal Sector Winners at 2023 Legal Awards
The legal community of the Liverpool City Region came together on 9th November in an evening of glamour and recognition at the highly-anticipated Liverpool Law Society Legal Awards 2023. The prestigious event, held annually to honour outstanding legal professionals, showcased the remarkable talent and dedication exhibited by the city region’s legal luminaries.
Under the glittering spotlight, the Liverpool Legal Awards 2023 revealed deserving winners, who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to their clients and the legal profession. The awards recognised these accomplished individuals, teams and firms, acknowledging their contributions and celebrating their remarkable achievements. The judging panel were impressed with all those shortlisted and those who won, saying “Many had glowing testimonials from clients and peers, which is testament to the fantastic work going on, in and around Liverpool.”
And the winners of Liverpool Law Society’s 2023 Legal Awards are:
- Law Firm Award (100+ employees) – Brabners
- Law Firm Award (1-99 employees) – Maria Fogg Family Law
- Outstanding Lawyer Award – Emma Charnock from Provenio Litigation
- Equality Diversity & Inclusion Award – Jackson Lees Group – Inclusion & Wellbeing Team
- Highly Commended in the Equality Diversity & Inclusion Award – Taylor Wessing
- Rising Star Award – Harriet Hansen from Peter Edwards Law
- Outstanding Team Award (Dispute Resolution & Litigation) – MSB Solicitors (Social Housing & Regeneration)
- Outstanding Team Award (Non-Contentious) – Bell Lamb & Joynson Solicitors
- Outstanding Team Award (Family Law) – JMW Solicitors
The President of the Society, Jeremy Myers, said “Many congratulations to all our worthy winners. Our Liverpool region has a fantastic wealth of talented lawyers and these awards showcase many of them. We should remember that there are also many people working under the publicity radar whose skills and contributions are equally valued.”
At the Annual Dinner, members and guests heard from the Lord-Lieutenant of Merseyside, Mr Mark Blundell about his journey into the Law and his duties escorting royal visitors when they visit the area. There was a collection for the President’s nominated charity, the Spinal Unit Action Group, a small charity based in Southport that supports patients who undergo lengthy treatment and rehabilitation following a devastating, irrevocable and life changing spinal cord injury, and their families. The amount raised was a fantastic £2,300.
The thanks of the Society go to the sponsors of the evening Document Direct, Dye & Durham, Fazenda, Index PI, Landmark, Liverpool John Moores University, Miller Insurance & The University of Law.
The Annual Dinner & Legal Awards 2023 photo album is available to view here
Photos by Ray Farley.