Below are a number of links to coronavirus-related information from such organisations as the Government, the Law Society, the Solicitors Regulation Authority, legal sector mental health and well-being charities and Liverpool City Region business advice agencies.
For the latest information from the Government on the coronavirus, see here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public .
Courts and Tribunals: advice and guidance for all court and tribunal users during the coronavirus here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-courts-and-tribunals-planning-and-preparation
Legal sector organisations
The Law Society
- The Law Society’s coronavirus webpage contains links to Government advice, links to organisations relevant to the legal sector etc and advice for law firm owners.
- For business support measures for small law firms, click here.
- There is a toolkit aimed at law firms on the Law Society’s website. To access it, click here.
- For information on courts and tribunal services during the COVID-19 pandemic see here
- For information on Coronavirus (COVID-19): Cybersecurity, fraud prevention and lawtech see here
The Solicitors Regulation Authority
The SRA have a webpage to help with common queries and the potential impact of the coronavirus which includes sections on:
- Accounts rules
- Client confidentiality
- Loss of key role holder
- Client due Diligence & ID checks
- Appearances in court
There is a dedicated COVID-19 section of the Liverpool City Region’s Growth Platform website which lists the available business support and guidance from official sites, and it will be updated over the coming days and weeks as guidance changes.
The Liverpool & Sefton Chambers of Commerce coronavirus webpage contains collated information, guidance and support schemes for businesses.
Mental Health & Well-being
LawCare promotes and supports good mental health and well-being in the legal community.
The SBA charity helps solicitors of all ages and their families who are in serious financial need as a result of illness, accident, redundancy or other adversity.
The Liverpool and Merseyside Branch of Samaritans supports those who are struggling with their mental health, please see here for help for the legal profession.