It is now more important than ever to stay on top of what good compliance looks like and to show precisely how you demonstrate your best practice to third parties. This conference will be your one-stop shop for best practice legal regulatory compliance and will give you practical support to help you stay ahead.
Date: Wednesday 22nd May, 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:00
Areas of Law: Civil Litigation; Company & Commercial; Criminal; Employment; Family; Management; Personal Injury; Property; Wills, Trust, Tax & Probate
Liverpool Law Society,
2nd Floor Helix,
Course Code: S4150
Welcome & introduction ~ Mickaela Fox
TBC: Regulatory cases focusing on solicitors workplace stress? ~ Mickaela Fox
TBC: Standards and Regulations, Transparency Rules, SQE and wider regulatory reforms? ~ Chris Hanford, SRA
GDPR and Data Protection for law firms ~ Lisa Hunter, Head of Legal Services (Policy & Commercial) & Megan Duncan, Senior Policy Officer, ICO
- What are the key points of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018?
- How will law firms be affected?
- What are the key data protection risks in the legal sector?
- Tips on how to manage and report data protection breaches
- Other DP related issues (e.g. PECR)
- What is the future of data protection law?
Raising Risk Awareness ~ Colin Taylor, JLT
- A brief overview of the Lloyd’s Review & the intended SRA PII review
- The benefits of a Risk Aware culture and how to achieve one?
- How do we make the COLP’s life easier?
- The true cost of PII claims – it’s not just increased premiums
- Client and Matter Management – matter opening, service delivery and managing client expectations
- Documents and File Management – behaviour and file review
- Cyber and email usage
- Duties under the PII Policy
- Complaint dos and don’ts
SRA Handbook & price transparency ~ Pearl Moses, The Law Society
This session is specifically designed with practical steps in mind will help you prepare for the changes ahead:
- Practice healthy risk management
- Preparing for the new rules
- Draft plans in embryo
- Culture reviews
Anti Money Laundering Update ~ Jo Morris
Summary & close
|Corporate Member Training Offer||2 Credits|
|Training Season Ticket||Free|