The past 12 months have produced a plethora of cases for civil litigators that are important to both their clients and their practice areas.
This timely half day seminar will guide you through a number of key cases and also an update on the civil justice reform agenda.
Jeff Zindani LLB MA, who is an experienced disputes resolution solicitor, will look at not only case law guidance but practical tips & insights, to tactics and pitfalls. He will also use specific cases studies to assist delegates in understanding the relevant rules.
The seminar will cover the following:
- The Civil Justice Reform Agenda – Fixed Recoverable Costs, Digital Courts, Update on the Disclosure Reforms and Witness Statement Review.
- Retainer Issues: New Rules on Damages Based Agreements
- Withdrawing from Admissions- Key Principles
- Expert Evidence-Case Law Round Up
- CPR 36: Making Sense of the Rules and Court of Appeal Guidance
- ADR – Case Law and the Civil Justice Council
- Court/Trial Fees and Service Issues: Elephant Traps
- Relief from Sanctions-Case Law Review
- Costs Update: Recent Cases on Proportionality and Costs Budgeting
- Interim Bills-Latest Guidance from the High Court