Missed time limits by civil litigation solicitors are one of the largest sources of professional negligence claims reported to insurers. This timely seminar will guide you through key procedural rules to avoid what the courts have described as “procedural death”.
We will also bring delegates up to date on some of the rules and issues that were applicable during the COVID 19 crisis.
Jeff Zindani, who is an experienced disputes resolution lawyer, we will look at not only up to date case law guidance but also practical tips and insights to avoid mistakes being made in the first place.
The seminar will cover the following:
- Back to the Future: Why is this Still Happening?
- Covid: Rules and Common Myths
- Limitation and Standstill Agreements- Are They More Trouble Than They Are Worth?
- Service Rules and Common Errors
- “Last Known Address”-Case Law Guidance
- Supreme Court Guidance on Service by Email.
- Are You Under A Duty to Warn Your Opponent of a Mistake?
- Applying for More Time for Service-Elephant Traps Explained
- Court Fees and Abuse of Process-Latest Guidance
- Trial Fees and Automatic Strike Out
- Risk Strategies and Protecting Your Firm
Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure! The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.