This course will cover developments in contract and commercial law over the last year.
It will concentrate on issues practitioners are likely to face in the ‘real world’.
Covering, but isn’t limited to:
- The Law Society’s updated guide on virtual and electronic execution of documents
- Umish Ltd v Gill  EWHC 1513 on virtual execution of a guarantee
- Can an agreement executed as a defective deed still be valid as a simple contract?
Signature Living Hotels Ltd v Sulyok  EWHC 257
- How are damages assessed for loss of chance in a procurement process? FP
McCann Ltd v Dept for Regional Development  NIQB 51
- Guidance on redaction when the issue is construction of a contract: Hancock v
Promontoria (Chestnut) Ltd  EWCA Civ 907
- Restraint of trade and leases: Peninsula Securities Ltd v Dunnes Stores (Bangor) Ltd
 UKSC 36
- Was an express obligation of confidentiality a condition precedent to enforcement of
a settlement agreement? Duchy Farm v Steel  EWHC 1208
- Construction of contractual provision where the contract contains worked examples:
Altera Voyageur Production Ltd v Premier Oil E&P Ltd  EWHC 1891
- What does an express duty of good faith mean? Unwin v Bond  EWHC 1768