This online course looks in-depth at what harassment actually is, busts a few myths and looks at a wealth of case law, leaving you fully prepared to prosecute or defend a s2/s4 harassment trial.
Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure! The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.
- Identifying the offences under s2/2A/4/4A Prevention of Harassment Act 1997
- Who is the complainant?
- Mens Rea
- Definitions – “harassment”, “course of conduct”, “cause fear”, “immediate violence” and other concepts
- Is the charge in time under s127 MCA?
- The need to particularise an allegation -and what if that isn’t done?
- Why context matters
- Restraining orders on acquittal- common pitfalls
- Restraining orders on conviction and how they go wrong.