This will be Anthony’s last ever event in Liverpool before he retires at the end of the year.
Enabling criminal law solicitors to keep up to date with developments in the law.
The material covers all aspects of the criminal process from investigation to final review.
It includes examination of all developments in legal aid and costs, criminal investigations, criminal law, procedure, evidence and sentencing. A review of all relevant case law will be included.
The course will include consideration of:
- New legislation for 2019 including the major changes by the Offensive Weapons Act 2019
- PACE Code issues; CPS guidance on the prosecution of the mentally ill
- New Criminal Procedure Rules and Criminal Practice Direction 2017
- BCM forms, witness summonses, and other procedural issues
- Homicide and other offences
- Discount for guilty plea
- Sentencing Guidelines
- Mental Health disposals
- Victim surcharge
- Evidence: hearsay; bad character
- Defence costs orders
- Legal aid issues; Graduated fees including page count