With the Sentencing Council having recently published new sentencing guidelines in relation to drugs, this presents the perfect opportunity to update your knowledge around drugs sentencing. Before getting to sentence however, the issue of evidence in drugs cases will be covered. Issues such as admissibility of phone evidence and evidence of cash/extravagant lifestyle found during searches and arrest.
In addition, this course will look at drugs offences generally, such as the law around psychoactive substances under the 2016 Act.
What this course will cover:
- Drugs offences – what is the law around psychoactive substances?
- Admissibility of phone evidence – guidance from the Court of Appeal
- Possession – what constitutes possession and what “knowledge” is required?
- Joint possession – multiple defendants in a car: who is in “possession”?
- Aggravation of supply offences – drug dealing around schools
- New sentencing guidelines – “spice”, synthetic opioids and the issue of “harm” under the new guidelines
Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure! The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.