WHO WILL BENEFIT from attending?
- Chartered Legal Executives
- Assistance in understanding the manner in which cohabitation issues are raised in family matters
- Become aware of the key legislative and case law developments
- To be aware of the practice and procedure, particularly under TOLOTA 1996
- To deal with anticipated difficulties
- To understand the various steps that can be taken to assist cohabiting parties
- This course will assist you to improve your confidence and efficiency
The course will consider the various factors surrounding advising cohabitants in family law matters. The developments in this significant area of law will be considered with emphasis of the leading case law and statutory provisions.
The course will be of benefit to those delegates who seek to become more confident with how to run/defend a case through the courts involving trusts of land and Schedule 1 Children Act Matters.
The topics covered will include amongst others, the following:
- Joint Tenancies and Tenancies in Common
- Resulting and Constructive Trusts
- Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 – Applications
- Drafting and Procedure
- Civil Procedure Rules
- Practice following Stack v. Dowden, Kernott v. Jones and Barnes v. Phillips
- Schedule 1 Children Act Applications
- Case law Update
- Compliance with Court Directions and Procedure