WHO WILL BENEFIT from attending?
- Chartered Legal Executives
- Support Staff
- To become more familiar with the law, practice and procedure in family law and practice
- To keep abreast of significant case law and statutory developments
- To become confident in handling various type of family cases.
- To draft appropriate documents competently and efficiently
- To be able to apply the criteria to practical cases
The course will be particularly relevant for people who are new to the area, or moving to family law from other disciplines, whether contentious or non – contentious. It will provide you with the essentials of being able to represent a client from the point of instruction, through to outcome.
The course will be of benefit to those delegates who seek to put the theory of family law into practice. It will be of assistance to those who are new to this area of law, and those who want a refresher.
The areas to be covered are:
- Essential Skills and Managing Client Expectations
- Marital Breakdown – Divorce, Dissolution and (Judicial) Separation
- Funding Family Law Cases, and Drafting Essential Documents
- Financial Orders and other forms of Financial Remedy
- Assisting Unmarried Parties and Remedies available
- Orders for Personal Protection (Non Molestation and Occupation Orders)
- Children Proceedings – Disputes between individuals
- Local Authority Applications, Care Orders and Processes