There has been a vast amount of change to the law surrounding domestic abuse over the course of the last few years. This course will provide a good round up of the different law and major changes, so as to provide a comprehensive update on domestic violence legislation and case law.
The topics covered will include amongst others, the following:
- Domestic Abuse – What protection is available?
- Family Law Act 1996 – Nuts and bolts
- Drafting Orders and Without Notice Orders – What has changed?
- Enforcement – What has changed?
- Changes brought about through the Domestic Violence, Crimes and Victims Act 2004
- Law and practice surrounding Forced Marriage Cases
- Changes to Protection from Harassment Cases
- Domestic Abuse Bill 2019 – Changes and Update
WHO WILL BENEFIT From attending?
- Chartered Legal Executives
- Local Authority Representatives
- Support Staff
- To become more familiar with the law, practice and procedure in personal protection cases
- To keep abreast of case law and statutory developments
- To be able to anticipate potential problems in handling domestic abuse cases
- This course will assist you in becoming more confident and efficient in this area.
Course Level – Intermediate