This is course designed for residential property conveyancers providing an invaluable examination as to what can go
wrong in the conveyancing process whilst at the same time providing a useful reminder as to best practice.
The course involves an examination of what can go wrong in a conveyancing transaction and how problems and claims can be avoided.
The topics covered include:
• How property fraud can lead to negligence claims and what is the best approach to avoid problems
• Setting realistic client expectations
• Dealing with replies to TA forms when acting for the seller
• Dealing with searches and replies to TA forms when acting for the buyer
• The issue of informed consent – what does this really mean?
• Transactional issues – title problems and land registration issues
• What causes problems in leasehold transactions
• What actually causes claims
• Recent relevant case law