This is an intermediate course aimed at both residential and commercial transactional lawyers exploring issues associated with highways which are commonly encountered.
It examines the following topics:
- Introduction – what is a highway? and dedication issues
- Property abutting the highway – fences, hedges, ditches and verges, rights of adjoining landowners – practical solutions to conveyancing problems
- Adopted and Unadopted highways
- The relevance of local searches and additional enquiries of the local authority
- Private Roads and Streets – what to look out for
The course aims to explore practical problems, the law relating to those problems and how those problems can be addressed during the conveyancing process.