Conveyancing of leasehold dwellings is becoming very complicated especially in the light of the Building Safety Act 2022. In addition, on November 27th 2023 the Leasehold and Freehold Reform Bill was introduced into Parliament. The course aims to look at these changes.
Topics covered include:
• Recent changes in relation to building regulations;
• Changes to the Fire Safety Order 2005;
• The Fire Safety Act 2021;
• The Building Safety Act and Higher-Risk buildings;
• The Building Safety Act and Leaseholder Protections including recent changes;
• Mortgage company requirements;
• Recent issues in relation to ground rents including case law on Solicitor’s negligence;
• The Renters (Reform) Bill;
• The Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016;
• Recent case law.
• The Leasehold and Freehold Reform Bill 2023-24
Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure! The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.
This event will take place via Microsoft Teams. You can access via the app; Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams OR via web browser; Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting by ID | Microsoft Teams (using Chrome or Edge).