Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure!
The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.
This is an intensive two day training course aimed at secretaries, paralegals, and lawyers returning to or joining the residential conveyancing team.
The course is also useful for members of staff completing CILEX Level 3 or 6 conveyancing modules.
Day 1: 10th Jun, 9.10am till 4.55pm & Day 2: 11th Jun, 11am till 4.55pm
It provides an overview of the conveyancing process and concentrates on the law and practice underpinning the conveyancing process as well as identifying problem areas. In addition the course explores how conveyancing documentation should be completed and explains the exchange and completion processes.
A comprehensive course manual will be provided and the course will be lead by Ian Quayle who has extensive experience of providing conveyancing training to the legal profession for many years. His focus is on explaining the law and procedure in a practical way whilst developing the necessary law and professional practice. The course relies heavily on case studies and as Ian describes it dealing with “combat conveyancing”
Delegates will learn:
- The conveyancing process from receipt of instructions to file closure
- Preparing the contract bundle including drafting the contract
- Dealing with searches and enquiries
- Client inspection ,surveys and acting for lenders
- Exchanging contracts
- Acting for the seller after exchange
- Acting for the buyer after exchange
- Post Completion
- What can cause complaints and negligence claims
Who should attend?
- Anyone with an interest in residential conveyancing
- Conveyancers who wish to expand their knowledge of the conveyancing process.
- Support staff who wish to progress towards or advance a fee earning role