Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure!
The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.
The Covid Pandemic has highlighted widespread concern about how health and welfare attorneys are able to assert their authority and make decisions, and whether health and care providers are increasingly placing a ‘Do Not Attempt Resuscitation’ notice on the patient’s records. How do those treating the patient assess their capacity, and will their wishes and those of their family be taken into account? Lawyers drafting health and welfare lasting powers of attorney will benefit from this training session, which will consider advance care planning through Lasting Powers, Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment and the interaction of various decision makers.
The course will include:
- types of advance care planning
- capacity to consent or refuse consent to medical treatment
- application of the validity and applicability of advance decisions
- drafting advance decisions to refuse treatment
- advising and drafting health and welfare lasting powers
- status of a Do Not Attempt CPR ‘orders’
- refusal of patient to eat or drink
- Euthanasia and Assisted suicide