Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure!
The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.
Local authorities do not have to meet all care needs, and they do not have to meet ‘eligible’ needs in the way the person would want. When local authorities are involved, it is usually because the client has limited resources, so seeking expert advice on what is going on, may not be affordable for the client. This course is aimed at private client and Court of Protection lawyers who advise lay people or act in a professional capacity, where local authorities are meeting some of the person’s care needs and provides practical information for the lawyer to be able to understand the problem and know how to handle it.
The course includes overcoming the following problems:
- Poor quality assessments – resulting in limited care provision
- not understanding why some presenting needs are eligible and others are ineligible
- providing or arranging limited care and limited choice
- reducing the available personal budget
- disputes about choice of care home
- understanding the financial contribution calculation for care at home