After the first part of the session delegates should have increased their knowledge and understanding of the MCA 2005 including potential problems and pitfalls and where appropriate practical solutions in the following areas :
MCA 2005 Update
- Increased knowledge of the knowledge of Court of Protection decisions
including important costs decision – ACC, JGJ and HPP 2020
- The impact of Covid 19 on the execution and use of LPAs
- Awareness of recent guidance and news from OPG
- The OPG LPA digital tool in practice.
The second part of the session will focus on some of the issues affecting clients currently receiving care and support under the Care Act 2014 during the pandemic or who may need care and support in the future .Delegates attending should increase their knowledge and understanding in the following areas :
- Changes to LA/NHS duties to assess/ deliver care packages
- Retrospective charges for funding care – who is entitled to the money?
- Contractual issues for attorneys and deputies funding care packages
- DHSC guidance on delivery of services – can you still complain?
- Safe contact with clients in care settings – what to consider