After this session, delegates should have increased their knowledge and understanding of the MCA 2005 including potential problems and pitfalls and where appropriate practical solutions in the following areas :
- Awareness of recent guidance and news from OPG
- Increased knowledge of the Attorneys / Deputies role if Donor/P appointed as an executor.
- Updated their knowledge of Court of Protection decisions
- Updated their practical knowledge on drafting points and procedural points
- Round up of guidance and news from OPG
- Procedure and process to apply for Probate on behalf of Donor or P
- Gifting v supporting family needs – when do you require Court approval ?
Court of Protection matters
- Case law update including Re AR 2018 and Re DMM 2017
- Round up of information and news about the CoP
The detailed notes will include practical examples, draft clauses and action points.