Can’t make the date/time or need to revisit the training? No problem, booking onto this event means you will receive a link to access a recording of the event at your leisure!
The link will be sent within approx 72hrs of live broadcast & be available for approx. 3 months, to view as many times as you wish.
There are in excess of 60,000 financial deputies and over 4 million Lasting Powers of Attorney registered with the Court of Protection. Many of those who lack capacity would benefit from a will or for the current will to be updated. How do you know when it is worthwhile, and what are the Court looking for in a successful application?
This course takes delegates on the journey to getting an order for a statutory will and is aimed at private client and Court of Protection lawyers and support staff wanting to improve their skills in making an application for a statutory will for a person who lacks mental capacity.
The course will include:
- Initial considerations
- Obtaining evidence of testamentary incapacity
- The court’s approach to best interests
- Drafting witness statements
- Dispensing with notice to notify
- Working with the Official Solicitor
- Contested applications
- Drafting a position statement
- Execution and sealing of the will