- Will Drafting: In June, the Law Society amended the practice note on drafting wills where family or colleagues are benefitting. What has changed and what does this mean for wills practice? https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/advice/practice-notes/pre…
- Wills and IHT: the latest thinking on will drafting for RNRB, for asset protection and security, when trusts are useful;
- IHT planning: the HMRC Guidance on DOTAS and IHT: learning from the examples issued on 29 March -since the course on 7 March- and what you need to watch in advising on lifetime gifts;
- Legal issues re lifetime gifts: It’s not just tax to think about, so what are the issues re invalidity, capacity and when gifts should not be made?
- Trusts: some tips and traps re will and lifetime trusts: a refresher on the basics and some key planning issues.
- Businesses and farms: a refresher on the principles and some planning points in helping clients secure APR & BPR.
To give an increased knowledge of the subject matter, will drafting, tax and trust law and practice, and the potential solutions to potential client concerns; and the opportunities for tax mitigation through wills and lifetime tax planning open to clients, including those arising from the changes to law and practice. The services to clients including: will drafting and IHT planning advice, trust creation, administration and variation, with potential opportunities for giving pro-active advice, to bring changes and the need for review of arrangements to the attention of clients.