The University of Law in Liverpool’s clinic includes a dedicated family law clinic and help for Litigants in person with civil litigation matters.
ULaw Liverpool Legal Clinic offers FREE legal advice approved by a Solicitor.
The legal advice clinic is operated for the mutual benefit of client’s and our post graduate students, who are studying to become Solicitors or Barristers.
If you have a non-urgent legal problem, then we may be able to help you.
Our clinic operates during term time and our students offer FREE interview appointments when they will obtain details of your case.
Any advice provided, is given in writing after an appointment and under the supervision of qualified staff.
Contact us for more information and to make an appointment.
FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS, CHARITY’S OR ORGANISATIONS THAT OFFER SUPPORT SERVICES:
We may be able to support the service you provide if:
• You regularly encounter service users with legal problems, we could operate a regular ‘drop in’ legal advice clinic at your premises.
• Your members or staff are repeatedly faced with the same queries or problems and may benefit from some FREE legal education. Our students offer public education sessions where they prepare and deliver a session on your topic of choice, under the supervision of a Solicitor.
• You are regularly short staffed and would benefit from more volunteers, we can advertise your volunteering roles to our students and help with the matching/introduction process.
To find out more about Pro-Bono services with the University of Law please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1483 405 510
Help for Litigants in Person
Are you involved in a court case concerning a claim for money? Are you representing yourself?
The University of Law in Liverpool is offering a free service giving Litigants procedural advice and guidance. University of Law students are training to qualify as Solicitors or Barristers and are offering weekly group information sessions to litigants in person.
These meetings will be conducted under the supervision of a Solicitor and will give Litigants the answers to:
- The stages of the court procedure and the current position of your case
- What you need to do to prepare your case and in preparation for any court hearing;
- What you can expect in court and court terminology.
At the end of your session or appointment, you will also be given an information booklet.
For more information on our LiP Service or to book a place at our next information session (via Zoom) email: email@example.com or leave a voicemail on our answering service by calling: 01483 405510.
Please state you would like to discuss our Litigant in person service, provide your name, contact information and the date of any hearing/Court deadline.