The Non-Contentious Business Committee is Liverpool Law Society’s forum for those aspects of non-contentious law which are not addressed by the more specific specialist sub-committees.
Much of the committee’s business involves:
- private client (including wills and probate);
- company and commercial;
- property (including residential conveyancing and commercial property).
The committee is comprised of local lawyers working in these fields, representing all types and sizes of firms from High Street firms to mid-tier and large national firms.
The committee represents Liverpool Law Society and the local legal community on non-contentious legal issues by:
- Discussing topical issues and concerns;
- Raising awareness of such issues and concerns with members of Liverpool Law Society through, for example, the Society’s monthly bulletin ‘Liverpool Law’
- Responding to queries raised by member firms and by the general public on issues relevant to the committee’s work
- Reviewing and (where appropriate) responding to relevant consultation papers.
The Committee also arranges three conferences:
- Residential Property Conference (annual)
- Private Client Conference, currently organised in conjunction with STEP – The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (annual)
- Commercial Property Conference (currently bi-annual).
The committee meets five times a year for an hour via Zoom over lunchtime.
The Non Contentious Business Committee is looking for more property, company and commercial lawyers. All members of specialist committees should be members of Liverpool Law Society. To express an interest in joining please email email@example.com
Chair, Non-Contentious Business Committee