This seminar will guide you through a number of important developments over the past 12 months and will also look at some hot topics for practitioners. It will consider case law guidance together with practical tips, insights, and tactics used by insurers and defendants.
This seminar will be presented by Jeff Zindani and will also include an update on important government reforms in the PI sector.
This seminar will cover the following:
- The PI Reform Agenda – from the Civil Liability Act 2018, small claims increase to the extension of fixed recoverable costs
- Overcharging clients – guidance from the Court of Appeal
- Claims Portal and fixed recoverable costs – case law update
- Fundamental dishonesty – where are we now?
- Qualified one-way costs shifting – key cases
- Limitation and service issues – case law round up
- Liability case law update – notable cases over the past 12 months
- Damages update – Ogden v Smith and the Court of Appeal.
- The Benefits Trap-CRU deductions after Universal Credit