This event is currently at the maximum capacity and we are now operating a waiting list.
If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please complete & submit the booking.
Should a place become available, we will contact you to confirm.
- Registration & refreshments
- Chairperson opens ~ HHJ Andrew Greensmith
- Protecting your client from the impact of a bankrupt spouse:the legal framework~ Abigail Bennett, St Johns
- The impact of bankruptcy on matrimonial proceedings
- Practical steps to assist where bankruptcy/IVA threatened
- Recent case law update
- Overview of statutory framework
10.40 – 11.15
- Examining Kerman and Akhmedova ~ Matthew Brundson-Tully, 1 Hare Court
- AAZ v BBZ and Others (Financial Remedies: Sharing Principle: Special Contribution)  EWHC 3234 (Fam)
- AAZ v BBZ and Ors  EWHC 3361 (Fam)
- The witness summonsing of Mr Kerman
- Kerman v Akhmedova  EWCA Civ 307
- Where are we now with legal professional privilege?
- Post Buehrlen v Buehrlen  EWHC 364 when can you use an expert for evidence on earning capacity? ~ Lynsey Cade Davies 29 Bedford Row
- An analysis of the relevant FPR Part 25 rules
- Consideration of the relevant authorities pre-Buehrlen
- Examining the case of Buerhlen v Buerhlen
- The impact of Buerhlen on a party’s ability to adduce expert evidence as to earning capacity
12.15 – 1
- Interim Sale of the Family Home ~ Joe Switaliski, 29 Bedford Row
- The court’s powers to make interim orders for sale
- When is an interim sale of property useful?
- BR v VT  EWHC 2727 (Fam) – Mostyn J
- WS v HS  EWFC 11 – Cobb J
- Where are we now & best practice tips
1 – 1.45
1.45 – 2.45
- Costs in financial remedy proceedings, and the demise of the Calderbank: good or bad? ~ Martyn Bennett, Oriel Chambers
- A survey of part 28 FPR 2010 and PD 28A
- Can costs be factored in as a section 25 MCA liability?
- Costs protection in offers to settle
2.45 – 3.45
- Schedule 1 Children Act 1989: A practical guide ~ Sam Hillas, St Johns
- The statutory framework
- Relationship with CSA 1991
- Interim orders, legal funding and backdating
- Chairpersons summary