WHO WILL BENEFIT from attending?
- Chartered Legal Executives
- Local Authority Representatives
- Support Staff
- To become more familiar with the law, practice and procedure in Wills and Probate
- To keep abreast of case law and statutory developments
- To be able to anticipate potential problems in handling cases
- This course will assist you in becoming more confident in drafting wills and being aware of common type of clauses in wills.
Level: Introduction/ Intermediate
This course is written and presented by an experienced family solicitor. The course will equip you with the essentials in terms of principles of wills and probate, and particularly as to how it links into other areas of law, particularly family law.
The course will be of benefit to those delegates who seek to get an understanding of this area of law.
The areas to be covered are:
- REQUIREMENTS FOR A VALID WILL
- CAPACITY AND FORMALITIES
- WITNESSES AND TYPES OF GIFT
- MAKING CHANGES TO WILLS
- REVISING AND REVOKING WILLS
- CLAUSES TO ASSIST CHILDREN
- FAMILY PROVISION CLAIMS
- DIVORCE, DISSOLUTION AND WILLS
- INTESTACY AND CONTENTIOUS PROBATE
- INTRODUCTION TO PROBATE AND ADMINISTRATION
- GRANTS AND CARRYING OUT PROBATE