The world of compliance is ever changing and many of the changes affect the finance departments and the role of the COFA. The new SRA Standards and Regulations, which include the new SRA Accounts Rules, come into force on the 25th November 2019 and we need to be ready. How will the new Account Rules work in your firm? What changes will you need to make? How many other challenges are we facing in the year ahead in the finance department?
If you are a nominated COFA or deputy COFA this is the course for you.
This half day course will cover many areas including:
- Who is the COFA
- What do they do and why does the firm need this compliance officer
- The roles and responsibilities of the COFA
- What policies, procedures and checklists must the COFA have in place
- Another job for the finance department or the COFA – file reviews!
- The collating of information for the reporting of breaches by the finance team
- Self reporting and the reporting of material breaches to the SRA
- Training of all staff in relation to their role assisting the COFA
- An update of the SRA Accounts Rules including the new rules coming into force on the 25th November 2019
- An update from the SRA Risk Outlook 2018/19 including the risks affecting the finance departments – cybercrime, anti-money laundering, investment schemes and the protection of client monies
- Legislation changes impacting on the role of the COFA