The new build market is becoming a major area of conveyancing and is undergoing various fundamental changes. The course aims to look at current issues and update the busy conveyancer. In particular, ground rents which are causing major problems and Help to Buy is a complex area which is being met frequently and is in the process of change. In addition, developers will start to build starter homes for first time buyers in 2018. Merseyside is designated as one of the first starter home areas.
- Ground rent issues, CML guidance on ground rents and government consultation on ground rents
- Planning permission issues
- Problems in relation to easements and transfer of part
- Current issues in relation to NHBC
- Community Infrastructure Levy and its effect on the purchaser
- Issues in relation to planning conditions
- Extended completion dates
- The validity of professional consultant certificates after Hunt v Optima
Seminar kindly sponsored by:
Index Property Information is a unique provider of conveyancing searches and reports to the property industry. By working closely with every Local Authority in England and Wales we are able to provide both Regulated and Council Local Searches as well as all other reports and products required by Solicitors and Conveyancers.