Liverpool Law is the monthly magazine for members of the Society. It has a circulation of 2500 and goes to members, local MPs, the national Law Society, other local Law Societies in England and Wales and other professional membership organisations.
The magazine is available to download below as a PDF or to view in a magazine reader (as of November 2015).
Members are welcome to submit articles. There is a shortage of news from members outside of Liverpool and the Editor would welcome articles from firms in Southport, St Helens, Wirral, Halton, Sefton & other areas in North West. Liverpool Law carries a variety of articles from legal matters, news on Movers & Shakers from the Merseyside and North West region and events for the local legal profession.
Please send articles with photos (preferably good quality, high resolution) and caption for consideration by the Editor, Peter Holland, at email@example.com
- Date Published:Monday, 3 April, 2017 - 16:25In this month issue:Mayoral Action Group on Tackling Fairness & Poverty - Chris Topping, Chair of Access to Justice Sub-Committee; News from the sub-committees: Family and Regulatory; Qualifying as a Solicitor: My Experience - Josh Makin, Morecrofts; Reasons why we should all care about the increase in Probate Court Fees - Naomi Pinder, Chair of Non-Contentious Business Sub-Committee; Appointment of new High Sheriff; News from member firms: Brabners LLP, Leigh Day, Morecrofts, Paul Crowley & Co, Your Legal Friend; Liverpool in the Northern Powerhouse - article by Vice President, Nina Ferris; Obituary of Captain James Alderson Smith; News from the MJLD and WLD; Charity and CSR features and more..
- Date Published:Tuesday, 7 March, 2017 - 11:39In this month issue:Lawyer in Lights: Martyn Rodmell, Head of Legal, Princes Foods, Newly Qualified Lawyers' Celebration write-up, News from the sub-committees: Criminal Practice Committee Regulation Update, News from member firms and chambers: Complete Counsel, DGB Solicitors, EAD, Hill Dickinson, Kirwans, Liverpool JMU, MLP Law, MSB Solicitors, O'Connors and more..
- Date Published:Thursday, 2 February, 2017 - 11:25In this month issue:Meet the Vice President of Liverpool Law Society - Nina Ferris, The Great Legal Bake on 20th - 24th February, News from the Sub-Committees: Non-Contentious Business, Joint V Report by Immediate Past President, Alison Lobb, Lawyer in Lights - Julia Hurlbut of Lees Solicitors, News from member firms: Forresters, Globe Wareing Cropper, Hill Dickinson, Rowlinsons, News from the MJLD and WLD, Charity and CSR features and more..
- Date Published:Wednesday, 4 January, 2017 - 13:48In this month issue:Meet the new President and the General Committee, News from the Sub-Committees; Criminal Practice, Family Law and Regulatory, News from the Parliamentary Liaison Officer on LLS directors' meeting with local MPs, PI Law Reform by Kirsty McKno, Chair of Civil Litigation Committee and more
- Date Published:Friday, 2 December, 2016 - 14:19In this month issue:Symposium on the Proposed Hillsborough Law on Wednesday 15th February 2017, News from the Non-Contentious Business Committee, The Brexit Judgment - article by Steve Cornforth, News from member firms: DWF; Excello Law; Hill Dickinson; Kirwans and Maxwell Hodge, Annual Dinner 2016, News from the MJLD and more...
- Date Published:Monday, 7 November, 2016 - 15:57In this month issue:Pro Bono and CSR Match Making event for the Legal Sector on 24th November 2016, News from the Sub-Committees: Criminal Practice and Family Business, Article on the Conkerton Memorial Lecture and Opening of the New Legal Year event on 6th October 2016, News from member firms: DLA Piper, DWF LLP, Hill Dickinson LLP, Goodman Grant, QS Jackson Canter, Morecrofts, MSB, Riverview Law, Weightmans LLP, News from the MJLD and WLD, Charity and CSR features and more..
- Date Published:Thursday, 6 October, 2016 - 10:58In this month issue:Your Society: Please consider standing for Election at the AGM, Pro Bono & CSR Matchmaking for the Legal Sector on 24th November 2016, News from the Regulation Sub-Committee, Lawyer in Lights: Frank Maher-Legal Risk, The Law Society's Library Services, News from member firms: Paul Crowley & Co, Hill Dickinson, Weightmans, News from the MJLD, Charity and CSR features and more..
- Date Published:Tuesday, 30 August, 2016 - 11:39In this month issue:Lawyers in Lights: Jim Davies DL OBE, High Sheriff of Merseyside, Report on meeting about SRA's handbook consultation, News from the Criminal Practice Sub-committee Chair, John Weate, The Society's Annual Dinner on 10 November 2016, Interview with Robert Bourns, President of The Law Society, News from member firms: Carpenters, Jackson Canter, Kirwans, Morecrofts, MSB, Paul Crowley & Co, Rushton Hinchy, Court News: Articles from Leanne Dolan at Hill Dickinson and Adam Berman at Weightmans, News from the Merseyside JLD and Women Lawyers' Division, Charity and CSR features and more..
- Date Published:Thursday, 4 August, 2016 - 10:13In this month issue:News from the Sub-Committees. Lawyer in Lights - Caroline Ashcroft, Force Solictor. Obituary: Derek H Morris (1931-2016). Local lawyers, business men, Councillors give their views on Brexit. Member Firms' News: Brabners, Jackson Canter, Scott Rees, The Berkson Globe Partnership. Charity & CSR Matters. News from the MJLD
- Date Published:Tuesday, 28 June, 2016 - 15:59In this month issue:Lexis Draft Offer for members, Sub-Committee News: Criminal Practice, Family Business and Access to Justice, Presidents' & Secretaries' Conference article by Joint Hon Secretary, Julie O'Hare,News from member firms: Hill Dickinson, Scott Rees, gunnercooke and more
There will be an election for The Law Society's Merseyside & District Co-council member post which will fall vacant on the expiry of the terms of office of the current Council Member at the Annual General Meeting on 6 July 2017.
The Homes and Communities Agency (“Agency”) is the Government’s housing, land and regeneration agency and is the successor organisation to a number of former bodi
The Liverpool Law Golfing Society dates back to 1895. This year Jonathan Berkson has accepted an invitation to serve as Captain of the Society.